Kyndryl Releases First Corporate Citizenship Report
Reiterates 2040 net zero greenhouse gas emissions goal and highlights the company’s commitment to building a more sustainable future
“As a purpose-driven company, we’ve committed to operate at the heart of progress, where innovation, environmental stewardship and social impact converge,” said
Below are the pillars of Kyndryl’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) program, including highlights of its achievements to date:
The Environment. The company’s sustainability program focuses on reducing its environmental impact and helping stakeholders meet regulatory, customer and investor requirements. Since its inception,
- Committed to achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040 and aims to achieve 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Developed its scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas baseline and committed to validating its net zero targets through the Science Based Targets initiative.
- Built a responsible supply chain program aligned with the
Responsible Business Allianceand EcoVadisstandards.
Our People and Communities. Kyndryl’s people and social strategy focuses on building a diverse and highly skilled workforce with the underlying goal of becoming an employer of choice.
The Kyndryl Wayculture that is based on collaboration, mutual responsibility and excellence. As a result of its commitment to its employees, the company achieved a 75.5% engagement score — above industry benchmarks — which demonstrates the level of employee commitment, passion and connection to Kyndryl.
- Launched more than 70 Kyndryl Inclusion Networks to support an inclusive, equitable culture.
- Focused on training and upskilling its talent. In fiscal year 2023, Kyndryls completed an average of 98 hours of training per employee and received over 35,000 hyperscaler certifications – a 100% year-over-year increase.
Trust. Kyndryl’s trust and governance strategy focuses on maintaining a world-class, diverse Board of Directors, and helps to ensure the company’s employees operate ethically every day. The company also implemented rigorous practices for data privacy and protection.
- 50% of Kyndryl’s Board of Directors are gender, racially and/or ethnically diverse.
Kyndryllaunched its Human Rights Policy and established policies to govern corporate behavior around labor, health and safety, community engagement, and to address modern day slavery risks — setting a high standard for human rights in all countries where the company operates.
ESG reporting within Kyndryl’s Corporate Citizenship Report aligns to the
To learn more about the company’s progress, visit Corporate Citizenship at
Kyndryl Press Contact